Presented here is Greg’s BS-SSS classic maple neck Strat with cherry sunburst finish, vintage “bent saddle” tremolo and 22 fret maple capped neck.
Fender used necks with a separate maple fingerboard and no skunk stripe only for a couple of years in the 60’s, mostly in ’67 and ’68. These necks do have a different tone (famously preferred by Hendrix). So Greg has essentially put together the sought after late 60’s maple capped neck with a modern flatter fingerboard radius for speed and clean bending, medium jumbo frets plus he’s added that handy extra 22nd fret.
- Classic S-type with cherry sunburst finish on alder body
- Full 22 fret maple capped neck with modified 60’s profile
- Medium jumbo frets and modern 12″ radius fingerboard
- Chrome hardware and three Wilkinson single coil pickups
- Vintage style bent saddle tremolo